MASTER Teaching English As A Foreign Language (TEFL).
Coordonateur : Dr. Abbou Abdelkader
The main objective of this Master emanates from the increasing need of better trained English High school (lycée) teachers nationwide. Therefore, the Master
- targets a vocational training for teaching English at the High School (Secondaire Qualifiant) level
- helps prepare teachers who would fulfil the Ministry of Education pedagogical project’s objectives that ultimately seek to make ‘schooling for all’ a successful enterprise. This project remains highly conditional upon teachers whose qualifications help answer the needs, objectives, methodology for the teaching of the on-going set programmes, which are primarily designed to provide the students with skills, linguistic competence.
- is a project that promotes ‘governance.
- aims at participating in the effort of making available a pedagogical model that works,
- helps would-be teachers develop appropriate English communicative language teaching, methodology, and assessment.
Teachers of English who will be given a vocational training that will Qualify them for a productive teaching at the High School (Secondaire Qualifiant) level nationwide; for this purpose the programme will
- introduce the teacher-trainees
- to the making and organization of the lycée curricula and syllabi,
- to the role and behaviour of the teacher at the lycée;
- to the modern means and tools which would facilitate their teaching experience at the High School (Secondaire Qualifiant) working environment and culture.
M1 : Pedagogy 1
M2 : Linguistics 1
M3 : Language structure 1
M4: Research: types and skills
M5 :Pedagogy 2
M6 : Linguistics 2
M7: : Language structure 2
M8: Cultural studies and ICT
M9: Teaching Approaches
M10 : Teaching: skills
M12: English language Literature and culture
M13: Class Obsevation
M114:Advanced practicum in teaching
M15: Micro teaching
M16 Projet de fin d’études